Accolade at a glance…
Accolade is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members. With a unique blend of compassionate advisors, clinical experts and intelligent technologies, we engage individuals and families in their health, establish trust, and influence their decisions at every stage of care. Accolade connects the widest array of personal health data and programs to present a single point of contact to the most effective health and benefits resources, while coordinating with providers at every step. Accolade consistently achieves 70 and higher Net Promoter Scores, 98% consumer satisfaction ratings, and up to 15% employer cost savings. Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes, a fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 5000, and is consistently rated a Top Workplace across the country. For more information, visit accolade.com.
The Principal Full Stack Software Engineer II, reporting to the VP of Engineering, will work on designing and building highly scalable applications with modern user interfaces delighting our customers and users. This role will work closely with internal and external partners to ensure the successful delivery of Accolade’s technology roadmap, customer commitments and delivering those all the way to the end customers. This role requires ingenuity in finding quick solutions to problems to bias towards results, and with an eye towards the long run at all times. The Sr Software Engineer also plays an auxiliary role as an expert consultant to software developers company-wide, who seek senior technical staff guidance and best practices.
A day in the life…
● Build highly scalable, maintainable micro services with REST APIs using Python/Django
● Design and implement complex systems and user workflows under tight deadlines using React/Redux
● Drive and shape architecture and lead engineering effort of the highly rated PlushCare platform
● Lead and guide a small team of engineers developing complex features on both back-end and front-end
● Own projects end-to-end, from developing prototypes through ensuring reliable roll-outs to large healthcare systems in two-week sprints
● Follow best practices to build an easy to maintain and extend, high performing application
● Collaborate with product management, design, and other engineers to create a cohesive, consistent and easy to use application across all platforms
● Experience building complex web-based applications with large user base (5+ years) using Python/Django and React
● Experience leading a small team of like minded engineers
● Excellent knowledge of SQL databases
● Experience using modern technologies for build and testing pipeline like Webpack, Jest/Enzyme and CircleCI
● Strong team player in a flat-structured, highly-collaborative, agile environment is a must
● Communicate clearly and effectively with operations, marketing, and the rest of the team
● Experience in the e-commerce or telemedicine space
● Experience with HIPAA compliance
● Experience using Amazon Web Services
● Diverse and driven individuals who want to make talking to your doctor an amazing experience
Where permitted by applicable law, candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered, if not currently employed by Accolade, Inc. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified employees with disabilities or for a sincerely held religious belief.
Please note that a request for exemption due to a personal preference not to receive a vaccine is not protected by law. All requests for exemptions from this mandate shall be directed to the Company recruiter who shall route the request to the Company’s human resources department.
What is important to us
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:
We find joy and purpose in serving others
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare
We're curious and act big -- not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.