Accolade provides personalized health and benefits solutions designed to empower every person to live their healthiest life. We help millions of people and their employers navigate the complexities of the healthcare system with empathy, expertise and through exceptional service while supporting them in lowering the cost of care and improving health outcomes. Accolade blends technology-enabled health and benefits solutions, specialized support from Accolade Health Assistants® and Clinicians and access to expert medical opinion services for high-cost treatment decisions. We consistently receive consumer satisfaction ratings over 90 percent and have been recognized by Inc. Magazine as a Top Place to Work 2020 and Business Intelligence for Excellence in Customer Service 2020. Please visit us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook and at accolade.com.
In the The Software Engineer III role, as a core member of Accolade’s government platform team, you will be designing, building and delivering V1 cloud native, service-oriented products to meet the growth trajectory of the company in data ingestion, processing and business intelligence needs. You will work closely with both internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements and translate them into world class software with the latest Gov AWS technologies.
A day in the life…
- Work closely with other developers, quality engineers, and DevOps to deliver innovative solutions that solve complex healthcare problems
- Design and implement highly performing EDW components used by internal Government Operations and Capability teams
- Build out an Enterprise Data warehouse comsuming data from Telephony and CRM systems
- Build data ingestion engine, data processing using Python, synchronizing data between up and down stream systems; Gov AWS RDS, Dynamo, RedShift, and s3
- Manage individual sprint tasks and deliverables
- Ensure that we are continuously raising our standard of data engineering excellence by implementing best practices for coding, testing and deploying
- Operate effectively as a collaborative member of the development team
- Operates effectively as an individual for quick turnaround of enhancements and fixes
- Responsible for meeting expectations and deliverables on time with high quality
- Effectively develops in a clean, well structured, easily maintainable format
- Demonstrates creative, technical, and analytical skills
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business environment
What we are looking for…
In addition to being able to carry out the above responsibilities, we're looking for someone comfortable working in a fast paced, ever changing environment who has experience with data transformation/warehousing, as indicated by the following attributes
- Candidate must be a US Citizen who currently holds or is able to attain a public trust or higher-level clearance..
- Mininum of 5 years of software development experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering or engineering specific certifications or equivalent degree experience
- Relational Data modeling experience
- Knowledge of Java/Python: scripting languages; Bash, Shell Script
- Solid experience with Amazon Web Services, particularly s3, RedShift, EC2, RDS, Dynamo, SNS and SQS
- Solid experience in building and working in a heavy agile, collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment
- An excellent leader with a “can-do” attitude
- Hands-on, detail-oriented, methodical & inquisitive
- A motivated self-starter with a solid level of experience that quickly grasps complex challenges
- A skillful communicator with experience working with technical management teams.
- A strong customer focus and metrics driven.
- A quick learner with a passion to challenge him/herself outside of the comfort zone.
- Fantastic collaborator, team player, negotiator, and influencer
- Fast fail entrepreneurial and innovative spirit
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is the norm and the bar for quality is extremely high.
- Excited by the challenges of working in a product team undergoing rapid growth serving millions of customers.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.