Accolade provides personalized health and benefits solutions designed to empower every person to live their healthiest life. We help millions of people and their employers navigate the complexities of the healthcare system with empathy, expertise and through exceptional service while supporting them in lowering the cost of care and improving health outcomes. Accolade blends technology-enabled health and benefits solutions, specialized support from Accolade Health Assistants® and Clinicians and access to expert medical opinion services for high-cost treatment decisions. We consistently receive consumer satisfaction ratings over 90 percent and have been recognized by Inc. Magazine as a Top Place to Work 2020 and Business Intelligence for Excellence in Customer Service 2020. Please visit us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook and at accolade.com.
The Collaboration Engineer III is responsible for integrating new collaboration services into the organization’s portfolio of internal systems and existing services (Slack, Zoom, Office 365, Azure AD, Exchange, Jive, G-Suite). The role collaborates with business stakeholders and external providers to understand how our collaboration tools support business requirements across the enterprise.
A day in the life…
- You will design, develop and implement new collaborations solutions across our portfolio of platforms
- You will provide subject matter expertise to the organization on how to best leverage our collaboration tools
- Support the Collaboration Sr Manager in driving innovation in the collaboration space. Supports maintaining the roadmap and building business cases for new capabilities
- Participates as a SME in incident calls
- Able to do a full root cause analysis with multiple services
- Able to own functional monitoring around services and work to improve monitoring and logging over time in multiple services
- Advanced triage and troubleshooting skills with a multiple services
- Assumes the point person role in design and testing projects involving cross team members.
- Is able to design, present and explain proposed innovations in specific technical areas specific to the engineering scope of the resources background.
- Represents the Collaboration team in event planning (Town Halls, Special Events on and off site). Ensures technology requirements for business events are documented and delivered
- Contributes to a Community of Practice or be a key technical contributor to one.
- Key source of feedback when it comes to functional area. Identifies and works with peers at an advanced level.
- Contributes to team's security and compliance processes in conformance with organization-level requirements. Accountable for the team's adherence to security and compliance processes.
- Proactively identifies and aggregates risks/opportunities to security/compliance.
What we are looking for…
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering or engineering specific certifications or equivalent degree experience
- 5+ years’ specific related engineering field (Network, Back Office Infrastructure, Systems/Storage, Database)
- 2+ years’ experience with one or more: Zoom, Slack, Office 365, Jive, Azure AD, Exchange, G-Suite, general enterprise apps).
- Experience working in a highly agile, collaborative, innovative, flexible team-oriented environment
- Strong problem solving skills and a detail-oriented mindset
- Experience in Healthcare especially with HIPPA and SOX compliance system is preference
- A strong customer focus and metrics driven approach
- Fantastic collaborator and team player
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is the norm and the bar for quality is extremely high
- Excited by the challenges of working in a technology team undergoing rapid growth serving millions of customers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.