The Director of Customer Partnerships is responsible for all aspects of the customer relationship including strategy, retention, renewals, contracting and product and membership expansions. This role will also build and extend relationships with partners and suppliers to our customers, including consultants and brokers, health plans, technology providers and other healthcare point solution companies as part of our service to our customers’ membership. The Director of Customer Partnerships works cross-functionally with all areas of the organization to ensure that Accolade’s customers have high satisfaction with our services and the value received, are strong advocates in the marketplace and expand their business with Accolade.
A day in the life…
• Accountable for 100% customer retention; influence internal organization to deliver on contract metrics and exceed performance expectations.
• Deliver both fixed and variable revenues to plan.
• Provide leadership, oversight and guidance to direct reports to ensure that Accolade’s business objectives are met.
• Lead the team to profitably delight customers and grow our business with them.
• Assist direct reports in developing and executing solutions for complex customer issues and opportunities.
• Own and execute on customer strategic plans and priorities on an ongoing basis to assist the organization in establishing customer specific business priorities.
• Meet regularly with customers and influencers to review results, communicate value delivered and uncover areas of opportunity. Influence internal teams to define and implement process improvement plans.
• Serve as internal voice of customer to influence Product organization’s innovation ensuring alignment of our capabilities with customer strategy.
• Own customer retention, renewal and expansion strategies, including identification of opportunities to expand customers’ product portfolio and membership.
• Drive customer contracting activities, leveraging appropriate experts in Legal, Finance, Operations and other areas of the business to create profitable deal shapes.
• Partner with Operations team to maximize customer results, identify areas of improvement and prioritize efforts to achieve committed revenue and ROI.
• Cultivate strong customer and consultant relationships; identify key executive partners who understand, agree, and publically speak about our value and results.
• Build trusted relationships with key stakeholders, decision makers and influencers throughout the customer organization and within Accolade.
• Retain, renew and expand contracts where appropriate.
• Achieve a customer NPS of 50 or higher across overall customer book.
• Build customer knowledge in Accolade product and value being delivered to build support and advocacy for the Accolade solution both within the customer and externally in the market (references, case studies, speaking engagements and/or media).
• Successfully expand and implement point solutions as applicable.