The Internal Communication Intern, reporting to Director of Internal Communication, is responsible for …
Capturing, creating and sharing the stories that are the heart of a growing, ambitious company with sights set on reinventing healthcare. Do you like to write? Interview people? Make videos? This role is a creative engine for making compelling content that engages employees. With offices in Prague and across the US and with artificial intelligence engineers to people trained in our proprietary empathetic listening practice, we are a diverse group with diverse preferences on how to be communicated with. Through video, writing, and Town Halls the internal communication team creates original content and partners with internal stakeholders to deliver news, launch initiatives, and shape the story of who we are and how we’re changing healthcare.
A day in the life…
The intern’s mission will be to become an honorary member of the internal “news room” team as we grow and refine the internal program. The intern’s role will include:
- Creating engaging stories and content for internal consumption. This includes identifying and producing internal story opportunities, pitching ideas, and interviewing employees.
- Owning newsletter production, including: working with internal stakeholders to source content, managing the internal editorial calendar, sourcing and cropping compelling images.
- Collaborating on the strategy and execution of internal announcements and news across internal communication channels from intake to cascading to leaders to full company announcements.
- Production of at least one video, working with our video studio vendor, that aligns with a major internal initiative or announcement. The intern will help develop the script, work with the studio to book, join the video shoot to help coach participating employees, and take lead on edits and feedback for the final production.
- Contribute to measuring success and monthly reporting.
- Publish a white paper of recommendations for ways to grow and strengthen the program at the end of the internship based on observations and insights gleaned from being immersed in the work and a survey of current best practices in the healthcare or ditigal health spaces.